Jubler Subtitle Εditor
- It supports Advanced SubStation, SubStation Alpha, SubRip. SubViewer (1 and 2), MicroDVD, MPL2 and Spruce DVD Maestro file formats, although it is easy to extend it to support other file types.
- All encodings supported by Java platform are also supported here (like UTF-8). The user is able to select a list of preferred encodings in order to load the localized subtitle files.
- GUI internationalization support through gettext utilities.
- Styles are supported (when saving in SubStation formats). These styles are specific per subtitle or per character.
- Translating mode (parent & child editors) is supported
- Graphical preview of the subtitles using the FFMPEG library. Current frame, waveform preview and waveform listening is supported.
- Graphically display of subtitles, which can be moved and resized.
- Test and play the subtitles file using a video player (mplayer). While in playing mode the user is able to freely edit the subtitles (and inform the player for this change), add a new subtitle in real time or synchronize subtitles with the movie.
- Mark subtitles with different colors, either when editing or real time when playing the video.
- Spell checking, with support for dictionary selection.
- Easy installation for Mac, Linux & Windows platforms and a generic installer for all other platforms (without FFMPEG support).
- Auto update application.
Key editing features
- Editing individual subtitles
- Time shifting
- Frame rate conversion automatically, by user request or using a free user factor
- Fixing time inconsistencies such as overlapping with an optimization algorithm
- Undo & redo
- Cut, copy, paste, delete areas according to time & color patterns
- Clear areas used for hearing impaired